It works like this: look at the list of commitments below to see if there is anything you would like. Contact Jan (email at bottom of the page) to say how much you are able to donate. Jan will then put you in touch with the person offering the commitment.
But there’s more!
Below is a list of things Friends would like and are willing to make donations for. Can you provide any?
And finally, look at the list of items that Friends are prepared to donate in return for a donation to the Appeal.
- Sax for Starters (you need to bring your own alto/tenor sax) (donated by Ken)
- Babysitting (Chris S)
- Babysitting (Chloe)
- Proof reading (Chloe)
- Form filling (Chris S)
- A talk on Climate Change and Ethics or Sustainable Development or the Poems of Homer (Robin)
- Mowing the lawn (Chris S)
- Cutting the hedge (Chris S)
- Weeding for an hour (Chris S)
- Being a servant for a day (least £20, please!) (Chris S)
- Doing your shopping (Chris S)
- House sitting (Chris S)
- Jet washing (Chris S)
- Cleaning windows (Chris S)
- An introduction to the National Eisteddford 2016 at Abergavenny, 29 July – 6 August. Two one-day tickets (worth £20 each). Day to be negotiated, transport provided and myself as guide! (Janet R)
- One to one, or group, yoga session (Michelle)
- Private View in Llandaff of a dozen landscapes painted by Sir Alfred East RA, PRBA, RE (1844-1913), mainly of Britain (Cornwall, Cotswolds, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Lancs Moors, Essex) and explain their place in the life of the artist. Plus tea or coffee and cake & biscuits. Up to four people (Paul J)
German conversation (wanted by Leila)
Home made cake (Leila)
A piano recital (Leila)
A dinner party (Leila)
Someone to transport books to charity shops (Leila)
Help with safe and efficient use of my computer (Lynn)
Tutorial in how to use my smart phone (Jan)
GOOD SECONDHAND ITEMS AVAILABLE
Night vision monocular, with case, boxed – hardly used (offered by Newport Ann H)
Black and Decker Mouse – a compact decorating and sanding tool. Boxed, unopened (Ann H)
Garden socket set for outdoor use. Boxed, unopened (Ann H)
Please contact janetfelce[at]gmail.com to set up any of these exchanges.